TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2013
WEST PEORIA CITY HALL
2506 W. ROHMANN AVENUE
WEST PEORIA, ILLINOIS
1. CALL TO ORDER – The meeting was called to order by Chair
Swearingen at 5:41 PM.
2. ROLL CALL – Members present were: Chair Mike Swearingen, Sue
Roos, Mike Powers
and Amy Furgiuele. Jason Barth and Shannah King were not in
attendance. Also present:
Economic Development Coordinator Gene Pratt and Nick
Hayward of the Tri-County
Planning Commission. Chair Swearingen informed the
Commission that member Lynn
Dempsey resigned and is moving.
3. ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS FROM THE AGENDA – None.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING – 9/17/2013 – It was
by Amy Furgiuele and seconded by Mike Powers and carried
unanimously by voice vote
to approve the minutes.
5. AMENDMENT TO COMPREHENSIVE LAND USE PLAN REGARDING AREA OF
RECENT ANNEXATIONS – Chair Swearingen stated that there
were 16 persons
confirmed for the Community Advisory Committee with all
Plan Commission members
included. The first meeting of the Advisory Committee will
be Wednesday, October 23,
2013. The next one will be in conjunction with the November
Plan Commission meeting
because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Thereafter the
meetings will be held on the 4th
Wednesday of each month. Mr. Pratt gave a list of the names
of those who had agreed to be
on the Committee.
6. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN – DISCUSSION ONLY – There was a
of what items should be added to the existing Plan and what
type of questions should be on
the resident survey.
7. CITY ADMINISTRATOR/ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR REPORT –
8. OLD BUSINESS – None.
9. NEW BUSINESS – None.
10. OTHER BUSINESS – None.
11. Public Comment
– Mr. Pratt explained that the City is looking to re-zone properties
on Farmington Road from Southport Road to Swords Avenue
from residential to business.
12. Determination of
Future Agenda – The first meeting of the Community
Advisory Committee will be October 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM. The
next meeting will be a joint
meeting with the Community Advisory Committee on Tuesday,
November 19, 2013 at
13. Adjournment –
NEXT REGULAR MEETING OF THE PLAN COMMISSION
WILL BE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2013, AT 5:30 PM